Saturday, May 18, 2013

Tales of Hunter, the accidental pet



My father has a dog. His name is Budd. Daddy got from a guy who found him and his brother on the side of the road. Budd is black with some white markings and his brother is brown with similar markings. Budd is not an alpha dog. He too, is very needy and always wants you to pet him or play or just scratch his back. When you do these things he will lean against you and lick your hand till you drip dog slobber if you let him. I am not a dog slobber kind of girl. I prefer none if asked. Daddy got  Budd to  stand guard but to also to provide some companionship. They would hop into Daddy's truck and go to the store or the dump or just drive around. One of Budd's favorite tricks is to run full bore at you then turn on a dime and land at your feet ready to be petted. Neat trick really, and he's good at it. Whenever I go to Daddy's for a quick grocery run or go to the dump, I will usually take Budd with me. He loves to ride in the truck and is very sweet sitting in the seat next to you looking out of the window .One of his favorite treats for riding so nice is Cheetos. Not so Hunter. Hunter loves Cheetos but can not for the life of him be still in the car. He is so excited to go that he can shake the car from side to side jumping back and forth between the two windows in the back seat. It can really be quite dangerous.  Budd and Hunter have not met but both of them suspect there is another dog because I can get out of the car and they will immediately do the sniff test. While Budd doesn't seem to mind, Hunter gets a little miffed and will let me know it. The day will come when Budd comes to live at my house. I just hope Hunter is at his house by then.  Enjoy!


Grandma cheats

I think grandma is cheating on me. I know there is another dog she goes around. It's my cousin Piper but there is another one too. I have never met him, and I say him because of his smell. Also there is black hair on her when she comes home. Piper is grayish and this hair is definitely black or very dark brown. She's probably cheating on her diet too. Sometimes she even smells like Cheetos. I love Cheetos. I don't get Cheetos but I love them. She usually doesn't bring stuff like that home. I wonder about it after she's been gone for the day and not at work. When she goes to work she wears certain clothes. They all look alike and hang downstairs. When she goes out with Grandaddy she usually dresses up a little. Or when she goes to Aunt Dani's and sees her grand kids, she will usually wear jeans and a cute top. Her wardrobe isn't particular to the other dog but I know it's not work or Aunt Dani's. So, where is she going and who is this other dog? I need to find out. If Grandma isn't a pet person how can she have another dog besides me? Where is he at? What if she has to choose? Who will she choose? Who was first? Does she like him better than me? Does she give him special treats ? Do I need to be worried? All this makes me nervous and when I'm nervous I dig. Or at least I want to dig. If I'm in the house I can't dig. Well I'm not supposed to but I can't help it. I scratch at the carpet. I try to hide it but Grandma will usually find it and then there is a big fuss. There is another man too. It's not Grandaddy. She talks about Papa and someone named Budd a lot so I think it might be one of them.
Is this other dog at his house? Sometimes she comes home all sweaty and dirty. She tells Grandaddy about how her and Papa cleaned up the yard or cleaned out the barn or went to the dump. Don't know what the dump is but it sounds like fun. Smells like fun too! She talks about Budd and how he would ride along in the truck. Truck? We don't have a truck! Maybe it's Budd's truck. It all sounds like a great adventure and I can't go. It's not fair. She will tell Grandaddy how whenever she starts for the store to get Papa's groceries or medicine, Budd will jump right in and ride along. He seems a bit pushy to me. I would like to ride along. I would make Budd stay home and let Grandma run her errands without being bothered by someone. I think I should meet this other dog and let him know she's a nice person and tries to be kind to everyone, but she's my Grandma and not to horn in on my turf. I may have to get Papa and Budd to back me up on this. Maybe I can get some Cheetos.
Budd riding in the truck

No comments:

Post a Comment